After months of fighting it I finally gave in and bought a Retina iMac 5K. This purchase makes my lineup of Apple devices complete. In this short post I'd like to share a few thoughts on why I bought the iMac and what each of the Apple devices mean to me:
- Apple Watch - it's a remote control for my iPhone. I love it so far and here's how I've set it up. It's a very natural extension of my smartphone.
- iPhone 6 Plus - my main computing device - I'm writing this blog post on it. I'm not iPhone-only apparently but I spend 40-50% time on my iPhone every day.
- iPad Air 2 - my main mobile machine. Thanks to switching mainly to iPad and writing the #iPadOnly book I've totally changed the way I use my personal computer. I use it 30-40% of my day.
- Macbook PRO - I thought it'd be the last PC I ever buy but eventually I replaced it today with my new iMac. My wife will be getting it so it stays in our household. This way we'll always have a laptop should we need one.
- iMac Retina 5k - my new PC. Thanks to the fact that everything I use is in the cloud I now can enjoy an enormous screen if I need one - and it's there in my home office. I'll be using it 20-30% of my day... And I already love looking at this gorgeous screen.
Thanks to the fact that I work mostly on iOS devices I now can easily incorporate my new iMac into my flow.
I guess I'm now a perfect Apple customer with their entire lineup in my household... Well, I'm really happy with my setup now:
productivity on Retina screens :-)
Question: did you get the latest iMac? How do you like it so far?
Like this post? Subscribe to my newsletter, and every 2 weeks you'll receive updates from me. You'll also get you my latest book for FREE as a thank-you: "No Office Apps: How the Nozbe team uses modern technologies to communicate better and get more done.".